OPEN POSITION: YOUTH PASTOR
Indonesian Reformed Evangelical Church in Toronto (IRECT) is a congregation that seeks to cultivate Gospel communities that bring shalom to every area of life. We are committed to equipping our young people to become God-loving, Christ-glorifying, Spirit-filled, Bible-saturated people. We are currently in need of a Part-Time Youth Pastor to lead and develop our youth ministry (40 members).
- Reformed and Evangelical faith (in alignment with Three Forms of Unity and Westminster Standards).
- A mature and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ characterized by a godly lifestyle, evidenced by the Fruit of the Spirit, and distinguished by an increasing daily dependence on God.
- A strong passion for working with youths (8th - 12th grades) and young adults.
- Solid people skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Evident gifts and experience in preaching, relationship building, structured ministries, discipleship and evangelism.
- Seminary graduate degree (preferably from a Reformed seminary), or at least in the third-year of theological seminary studies.
- Familiarity with Asian cultures.
- A valid driver license and access to own transportation.
Roles and responsibilities
- Plan, develop, and lead youth ministry programs, which include Sunday Service, Youth Fellowship, small group, and other activities as planned.
- Recruit parents and other adults to assist with youth ministry.
- Be active in evangelistic outreach.
- Disciple youth leaders in Christ-centered, missional leadership.
- Provide pastoral care for youths and young adults (members or newcomers) by connecting with them through phone, social media and personal visits.
- Provide pastoral counselling to youths, young adults, and parents as needed.
- Work with the pastor and elders in its strategic planning initiatives.
- Teach the Heidelberg Catechism for youth.
- Be in compliance with the policies of the IRECT
- Engage in long-term planning for youth
Total hours per week: 20 hours ($20 to $25 per hour). Interested applicants are expected to submit their resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 15th, 2017. Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
PDF link for the Job: Open Position - Youth Pastor